09:14

American Art Collector - We're In!


Issue No. 23
September 2007

Well, the September issue of American Art Collector magazine has (finally) arrived. The publisher was kind enough to send Karen, and I two complimentary copies. Needless to say, we devoured them the moment we got them in the door. This was followed by much back slapping and high-fiving. It was a fun afternoon. I have to say that when I read the article I realized that I use the word "really" way too often. I'll have to work on that in the future.

As we perused the magazine we were surprised to see a feature article on a friend of ours. His name is Caesar Santander. We've had a long-distance phone relationship with him for a quite a while now. Four or five times a year one or the other will call, and we'll discuss our careers, and art in general. We also spent a day with him in New York back in '05. Karen and I were cold calling galleries, and he (a resident of NYC) acted as our guide. With the exception of being rejected by twelve galleries, it was a good day. Had the best bowl of gazpacho I've ever eaten at a wonderful spanish restaruant. Pretty much the high-light of that day.

I think Karen, and I will be riding the high of this article for sometime. I've placed it on my website, and I think the text is large enough to actually read. You can access it by clicking here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment