
Cherry Can
oil on gallery wrap canvas
24'' x 36"
The can of cherries is finally finished. I don't know if it works or not. It didn't turn out like I'd hoped it would. I may have bitten off more than I can chew on this one. It took much longer to complete than I anticipated, and my cold didn't help speed things up any. Now I'm in a race to produce enough work for Twinhouse to actually call my contribution a "show". Fortunately it's a group show, which takes some of the pressure off.
No more large paintings for the time being though. I've got six 10 x 10's drawn out, and if I kill myself maybe I'll be able to complete them all in time to hang in early February. It's not what I had planned, but the holidays, my illness and the riduculous amount of time I spent on the cherry can has rendered my original ideas moot.
I'll post each of these small pieces as I complete them with links back to the gallery for purchase information. Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it.
No more large paintings for the time being though. I've got six 10 x 10's drawn out, and if I kill myself maybe I'll be able to complete them all in time to hang in early February. It's not what I had planned, but the holidays, my illness and the riduculous amount of time I spent on the cherry can has rendered my original ideas moot.
I'll post each of these small pieces as I complete them with links back to the gallery for purchase information. Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment