10:47

Lay's: 4th Completed Commission Piece


Lay's

oil on canvas
30'' x 30"

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is number four of the five commissioned paintings for Print Pack. All that leaves is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and then that's it. It will be good to get back to gallery work again. I just hope there is still an audience out there that can buy art. My gallery sales have been in a slump lately. Karen's sales, on the other hand, have actually increased since the economic "meltdown" began, so I remain cautiously optimistic. My main thrust on completion of this last commissioned painting, will be to get new work out there. I've enjoyed working on these larger pieces, and am excited about continuing in this scale with other subject matter. Once the Reese's is done, I'll get busy with new photography, and hopefully come up with some fresh, and interesting ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment