08:04

Study: Return for Deposit


5.5 x 5.5 oil on hardboard
I mentioned in an earlier post this week that I use two methods of cropping photographs as source material for paintings. This piece represents the second technique. I used a small portion of the image I was considering for a larger painting. The full composition contains the entire 8 pack of Coke. I commonly offer these studies for ebay, then based on the popularity of the auction, make the final decision to go on and paint a more elaborate rendition. I jumped the gun a little on this one. I liked this completed "study" enough to go ahead, and begin the larger painting. It's a chancy move, but it's going pretty well, and I'm very happy with it so far. If you'd like to take part in the auction you can bid by clicking here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment