16:41

Hamilton Beach Mixer No. 30


oil on canvas

24'' x 36"

It's taken a week, but I've finally completed the first pass on my "big" painting. Before I go any further I suppose I should identify what it is, so those of you who don't recognize it right away won't wrack your brains trying to figure it out. It's a vintage Hamilton Beach Milkshake Mixer Number 30. This is an unusual crop, but I wanted to concentrate on the mechanical portion of the machine. I love the big chrome head with its' vents, and on/off switch. Plus at this size you get a good view of the room reflected in the motor housing.

I have no idea how popular this subject may or may not be, but I have to say I've really enjoyed working on it so far. I recently purchased a bunch of vintage kitchen appliances on ebay to paint, and this is the item I wanted to begin with. It's just so cool looking. This is the first painting I've done in a while where I have allowed myself to work methodically, without pushing to finish quickly. It's a luxury I know, but I want to push the envelope with this piece.

PlusOne in London hasn't made an offical decision as yet, but I did receive an email yesterday stating that the paintings had arrived safely, and, "they are lovely". I think that's a good sign. They've also asked about larger paintings. If this one turns out the way I hope it will, I'll offer it to them, and cross my fingers once again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment