I got kind of sidetracked this last week with the holidays and all, but I have begun a new (somewhat) large painting. It's a great looking vintage mixer - also made by Hamilton Beach - I picked up on ebay. The dimensions are 18 x 24, which for me is pretty big. It's proving to be a bit of a bear to paint, so I'm not committing it to any particular gallery until it's finished. There's always a chance it will wind up under a new coat of gesso. I've only got three days into it so far, so I'm not going to start freaking out right away. I'll give it a few more days before I decide to finish it, or trash it, and start on something else.

My friend Robert Deyber has created something new. I know a lot of artists are video taping their painting sessions, then publishing them to YouTube. Bob has taken this a step further, and installed, what I refer to as the DeyberCam. It's a continous live remote view of him at work in his studio. A "fly on the wall" look at the artist in action. It's a little voyeristic, but a good way to kill a few minutes during the day. He's given me permission to post the URL here for anyone interested in having a peak. You can visit by clicking here.



0 comments:
Post a Comment