
Cherry Can
oil on canvas
24'' x 36"
The prediction in my last post, as to the subject of my next painting, was that it would probably be a percolator. This has turned out not to be the case. I've had this particular composition on my mind for some months now, and decided that it was time to give it a try. Cherries have been a re-occuring theme in my work for years, but this is the first time I've painted a cherry the size of a grapefruit.
This piece could take some time, so I've decided to post a series of "in progress" images. The image above is the end of day one. To do this is a bit like exposing your soft underbelly to the wolves, but I find it interesting when I see these transitional shots on other artists blogs, so I'm trying to suppress my fears, and present my process.
I'm a little fearful of the can, with its extensive series of parallel ridges. It will be a challenge to get "right". If it works I think it will be very cool, if not . . . . ? Hopefully the next post will include an image of the satisfactory completion of the underpainting of that can.
This piece could take some time, so I've decided to post a series of "in progress" images. The image above is the end of day one. To do this is a bit like exposing your soft underbelly to the wolves, but I find it interesting when I see these transitional shots on other artists blogs, so I'm trying to suppress my fears, and present my process.
I'm a little fearful of the can, with its extensive series of parallel ridges. It will be a challenge to get "right". If it works I think it will be very cool, if not . . . . ? Hopefully the next post will include an image of the satisfactory completion of the underpainting of that can.


0 comments:
Post a Comment